We are invested in making impact in the following areas:
Civic Engagement & Leadership
Advocacy and organizing for resident power, representation in local government and developing resident leadership to advocate for their families and neighborhoods.
Increasing opportunities for individual and collective wealth.
Homeless Services & Solutions
Addressing the immediate needs of unsheltered populations across Oakland. Advocacy and organizing on behalf of and with unsheltered brothers and sisters in Deep East Oakland.
Civic Engagement and Leadership
- City of Oakland Bike Plan Update Community Workshops
- Sugar Freedom Project
- Campaign for Age, Race and District Diversity on City of Oakland Boards and Commissions
- East Oakland SuSu Lending Circle Program
- East Oakland Economic Development Plan
- Environmental Justice Initiatives
- Partner of Black Cultural Zone Collaborative
- Feed the Hood
- Homeless Rapid Response Team (HRRT) Deep East Oakland
- Member of Homes for All Collaborative
- Member of Homeless Advocacy Working Group (HAWG)
Bringing Our Voices: Deep East Oakland Listening Session
In 2016, The East Oakland Collective (EOC) was awarded grants from All In Alameda County and Akonadi Foundation to hold a listening session for residents of color in deep East Oakland. Community members came together for a great discussion on economic empowerment, housing and urban blight from where EOC formed our focus areas. Watch footage from the event to learn what is impacting deep East Oakland residents.
Consider donating today to support efforts to increase racial and economic equity in deep East Oakland. Your valued contributions will directly support programming such as Take Back Our Streets; civic engagement, leadership and economic empowerment initiatives. All monetary donations are tax deductible.